8 Things I Dislike About Myself
February 16, 2011 § 5 Comments
1. I dislike being a pessimist - There are times when I wish I was a more optimistic person but that just isn’t the case. I always seem to view situations and people from a negative point of view. I usually keep my thoughts to myself because I don’t want to seem as negative as I can be. I feel that being optimistic about things gives you more hope and helps you to have a more positive outlook on life.
2. I dislike being impatient - I’m a very impatient person and it’s an aspect of my personality that I’m working to change. Because of my impatience, I’ve said and done things that I regret.
3. I dislike being judgemental - I try not to judge people because I believe that you never really know what someone is going through. After I see someone doing the same things, behaving the same way, and making the same mistakes over and over again and then complaining about the negative results their actions bring them, I start to become judgemental. I have to remember that people grow and mature at a different pace and that I should be more understanding.
4. I dislike that I don’t trust people – When I first meet someone, I never trust them. It’s only after I slowly get to know them that I began to trust. Because I’m so distrustful, I feel that I’m always looking for a reason not to trust a person. I don’t think this is a healthy approach to forming a relationship with anyone.
5. I dislike that I’m not a friendly person - I’ve never been a friendly person and this makes me wonder if I’ve missed out on possible friendships because I seem too aloof. The truth is that I’m comfortable being alone and I don’t go out of my way to be open to others. I’ve recently met some new people so I’m making sure that they know that I’m interested in being friends and getting to know them.
6. I dislike that I get annoyed easily - I get annoyed and irritated at the smallest things and I wish that wasn’t the case.
7. I dislike that I’m a very sensitive person – I feel this is my Achilles heel. Since I’m so sensitive, I tend to take things personally. I also feel this is one of the reasons why I get easily depressed.
8. I dislike that I hold grudges – I hold grudges towards people who have deeply hurt me. Even after years have passed, I won’t let things go. I don’t talk about the people I hold grudges against but I feel that the fact that I’m even holding a grudge pollutes my soul.